The Manager of Junior Tennis will report to the Director of Junior Tennis and will handle the marketing, promotion, administration and operations of USTA SoCal Junior Tennis Tournaments, as well as the sanctioning of other Junior Tennis Events.
- Provide marketing, administrative and operational support for highest level USTA SoCal junior tennis tournaments
- Help identify participants and provide administrative support for regional and national USTA junior tournaments
- Administer Junior Ranking Program, oversee computer download of tournament results and program reports as required
- Coordinate and Supervise Junior Competition Committee and Sportsmanship and Grievance Committee
- Coordinate and participate in all facets of competitive junior tennis tournaments, including singles, doubles, mixed doubles and team events
- Oversee the sanctioning process for junior tournaments, interacting with Tournament Directors, and assisting in the development of sectional junior tournament calendar
- Help educate parents and players about the USTA junior tennis pathway
- Participate in annual budgeting and goal setting for Junior Tennis within the section
Key Performance Indicators: When reviewing this position during the year, the following will serve as performance indicators.
- Achievement of specific objectives for areas of responsibility.
- Evidence of performance of major duties.
- Evidence of performance as a productive team member.
- Evidence of effective internal and external relationships
- Quality and effectiveness of overall performance, including feedback from Executive Director, Section Staf, coaches and administrators
- B.A. degree from an accredited four-year institution
- Knowledge and experience with junior competitive tennis
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong computer skills with intermediate Google Suite and Microsoft programs (Access, Word, Excel, etc.)
Additional Desired Qualities:
- Knowledge of USTA National & USTA SoCal junior development pathway
- Playing background, Junior Tennis
Benefits and Other Details: This is a full-time position. Benefits include health, dental and vision insurance, 401k plan, paid vacation, paid parking and laptop. Base salary commensurate with experience. SafePlay background check and completion of SafeSport training required, as well as a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
Our offices are located on the UCLA Campus in Los Angeles.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please send resume and references to Trevor Kronemann, USTA Southern California Director of Junior Tennis Tkronemann@scta.usta.com. For additional inquiries, please contact the USTA Southern California offices at (310) 208-3942.USTA League, the country’s largest adult recreational tennis league, gets hundreds of thousands of participants nationwide competing, exercising and enjoying the camaraderie of teammates. Tennis is the sport of a lifetime! Play is based on the National Tennis Rating Program (NTRP) rating system so you will play with and against players of similar ability. Whether you are new to the game or a former player, there’s a spot for you. USTA League also offers you and your teammates a chance to advance from local play to USTA League National Championship events.