The 2016 Adult League season is underway across Southern California. The various competitive levels being offered include USTA Mixed 40 & Over, Adult 18, 40, 55, 65 & Over, and Southern California Tennis Association-Tri Level, presented by HEAD/Penn Racquet Sports.
The Mixed 18 & Over Sectional Championships were held at Sunset Hills Country Club and Westlake Athletic Club, in Ventura, May 13-15. Thirty-three teams participated and great tennis was played. The event was made special by all the attendees, the volunteers and the host clubs. Congratulations are extended to the five winning teams who advanced to the National Championships, which will be held in November in Tucson, Arizona.
The champions were:
- 10.0 – Team Braemar (San Fernando Valley) – Julie Juliani – captain
- 9.0 – Topspin Tornadoes (Orange County) – Kieu Nhi Nina Le – captain
- 8.0 – Pink Lions – Fountain Valley Tennis Center (Orange County) – Kieu Nhi Nina Le – captain
- 7.0 – Double Smashers – Arcadia Park (San Gabriel Valley) – Keiko Kagan – captain
- 6.0 – The Claremont Club (Inland Empire) – Mike Yarter – captain
The summer championship schedule begins soon. The key event dates to remember are:
- July 15-17 – Adult 18 & Over Playoff at El Dorado Tennis Center and Billie Jean King Tennis Center
- July 30-31 Adult 40 & Over Playoffs at El Dorado Tennis Center and Billie Jean King Tennis Center
- Aug 12-14 Adult 18 & Over Sectional Championships at Los Caballeros Racquet & Sports Club/Costa Mesa/Fountain Valley Tennis Centers
- Aug 26-28 Adult 40 & Over Sectional Championships at Los Caballeros Racquet & Sports Club/Costa Mesa/Fountain Valley Tennis Centers
A map of the Southern California League Tennis geographic areas can be found at:
Details concerning the Area League Coordinator can be found at: